[personal profile] tealsac
Well tomorrow starts the stress, its my coworkers last day for at least 2 weeks, and I know that all hell is going to break loose on friday, like it always seems to when she is off/sick. But thats not the point of this...

Life is rather funny sometimes, bringing itself full circle in the oddest ways...


Unknowingly a friend struck a real chord with me, forced me into reflecting deeper then I have for too long a time. Like anything else it's balanced with Good and Bad... I am a fairly lazy person, with a temper that can be downright scary when set off, I spend too much time sedentary, at the computer when I get home, and in my little hidey-hole. Not to mention my constant issue with being so damned passive agressive with foot-in-mouth issues.
However on the flipside, I am a pretty good person at heart, I feel, I bleed, I think, I love. I am generous nearly to a fault and self bankruption, and I will help a friend in need any way I can, I have lost more hours of sleep then I want to count on the phone being that ear, that shoulder, that voice of reason in times of awful. I can honestly say I have some of the greatest friends anyone could ask for, all of you, be you fangy-faced roleplayers flung out all across North America, or be you my stick-figured friends flung all across the world. Its funny how similar you both are... Yes, the gambit of personalities is run from recluse to social buttterfly and everything in between. At its heart is a commonality, community based on a common interest, yes in both cases the interest is outside the mainstream, but that by no means makes it wrong, be it a person a 15 minute drive from me or a 15 hour plane ride, it doesn't make either of you less of a person. The killer is what happens when the far reaching groups get together, we share are love of our commonality together, we talk shop about the thing that brought us together, we eat together, we drink together, we take care of ours that had a little too much of the drinking together, and we love together... Meet-ups, Event Games, they are the same thing, Relationships are kindled, ruined, or returned to strenght, we see people who we haven't see in ages due to distance, whether that distance be Chicago to Baltimore, or London to Melbourne.


In the end its funny, I am not blessed with 2 seperate groups of friends, I am blessed with a second family between them...

To those on both sides, I say Thank You for your friendship, I say Thank You for your companionship, I say Thank You for accepting me for whom I am, faults and all and making me feel welcome.

Another Friend Asked, Am I where I thought I would be at this point in my life...
I can honestly say no, I am nowhere near where I thought I would be... but I love where I am in my life, everyday, yes I may find myself depressed from time to time, and self depricating a bit more than that >.> but at then end of the day I would not trade the life experiences, the friends, the love I have felt getting to this point...


I think I have nattered on way too long,
The bare soul is under the cut if you want to read it.

Date: 2007-11-01 12:49 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] the-pinklady.livejournal.com
You my friend, are a VERY GOOD person! I am happy to call you my friend. I miss you. I am glad to hear you are happy with your life. That is very important. And you know I can be that ear too, if you should ever need one. You know my number! *hugs*

Date: 2007-11-02 05:06 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tealsac.livejournal.com
I am honored to call you friend too, and I miss you as well.
I need to drive up and visit sometime, and see that part of PA, I know where it is, but I have only ever been through once, but I didn't stop.

Date: 2007-11-01 01:56 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] countessclarity.livejournal.com
That was one of the most wonderful blogs I have ever read. You are an awesome person that I am happy to have the pleasure of knowing, even though we've never met in person. One of these days I'll talk you into flying out here to Chicago! We'd love to have you.

"Another Friend Asked, Am I where I thought I would be at this point in my life..." To that I say that I don't think too many people are where they thought they would be in life at any particular time. When I was a young lass, I had visions of grandeur. I was going to go on to law school, paid for by the US Army, but someone or something had other plans for me. Not everyone actually does what they thought they were going to do, it's called real life. Real life happens whether you want it to or not. Gotta roll with the punches and make the best out of everything. I think that's why I like you so much. You're like me and the hubby. We both say, "F**k them if they can't take a joke" constantly. Nothing is really worth stressing about unless it has to do with friends and family. "Will I get that job/raise?" Who cares. "Does such-and-such really like me?" Who cares.

Enough rambling, gotta get to work.

*big hugs*


Date: 2007-11-01 06:39 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lynore.livejournal.com
I don't see much confusion here, just thoughtful reflection.
<3

Date: 2007-11-01 06:40 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lynore.livejournal.com
I meant to reply to Tealy. Bah.

Date: 2007-11-01 07:39 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tealsac.livejournal.com
Thats alright, I saw it anyways <3 :)

Date: 2007-11-02 05:14 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tealsac.livejournal.com
I will visit Chicago, sooner rather then later, you have my word on that.
For the most part you are right, but I worry about if I am doing right by my friends all the time. And when my foot really ends up in my mouth I worry about losing a friend, but thats life. Take care of you and yours and I will talk to you again soon :)

Date: 2007-11-02 02:36 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] countessclarity.livejournal.com
If they are truly your friends, they will understand when you stick your foot in your mouth. Also, you shouldn't constantly have to worry about keeping them happy and not expecting anything in return.

Date: 2007-11-02 02:43 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tealsac.livejournal.com
Sometimes my mouth really gets the better of me and I say things that are really over the top, that is when I worry most. And I am not constantly worried about doing right by them, there are just times I wonder, and that is when I worry.

Date: 2007-11-04 04:37 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] bluedanio.livejournal.com
Trust me on this, your true friends understand when you stick your foot in your mouth. I know you and I have had some issues in the past because of it but now that I know you far better, I don't think anything you could say would offend me. Because I know your heart is in the right place at all times.

Also, what Clarity said, you better come out to Chicago and visit :)

Date: 2007-11-04 04:39 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] bluedanio.livejournal.com
You are one of the best friends I've had in my life and definitely in the past year. I value you far more than I can ever properly express. I can only hope that you feel the same towards me.

<3 my dear James

--Sara

Date: 2007-11-15 04:00 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] undeniably-erin.livejournal.com
You are, as I have said many times, a wonderful and valuable man. A treasure.

I'm so glad to have met you, James.

September 2010

S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
1213 1415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 9th, 2026 05:26 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios